- Introduce a 7F short vascular sheath near the arterial anastomosis
- Inflate a soft, compliant, embolectomy balloon at the radiopaque marker band of the 5mm outflow component. DO NOT advance the balloon beyond the radiopaque marker band to avoid dislodgment of the Venous Outflow Component.
- Pull balloon back to device connector. Apply positive aspiration while deflating the balloon by approximately 10%. Failure to deflate the balloon may result in balloon perforation as the catheter passes through the HeRO Graft titanium connector.
- Pull balloon through the connector and reinflate within the 6mm graft.
- Extract clot at the introducer site.
- Declot the full length of HeRO Graft prior to removing the arterial plug to decrease risk of pulmonary embolism.
Contact Customer Service at 888-427-9654 with device-related or technical questions and tell us about your experience by using our Contact Us form.
The HeRO Graft is intended for use in maintaining long-term vascular access for chronic hemodialysis patients who have exhausted peripheral venous access sites suitable for fistulas or grafts. See the Instructions for Use manual for full prescribing information.
13-0025 Rev. E